- Saturday September 03 2011 10:00 AM - Sunday September 04 2011 4:03 PM
- Mt Gravatt Showgrounds, Logan Road, Mt Gravatt, QLD
Eidfest 2011 will showcase the diversity of South-East Queensland's Muslim Community on Saturday 3 September. To mark the end of the fasting month of Ramadan, join the celebration and enjoy a variety of food, craft, and clothing stalls. The main stage will feature a range of speakers, music, and other entertainment including:
- An Asylum Seeker and Refugee debate with Sonia Caton (Immigration barrister), Kerrin Benson, (CEO of MDA), Adele Rice (Milperra SHS), and Roderick Schneider from the SBS program 'Go Back To Where You Came From'.
- Australian photojournalist Nigel Brennan speaking about his harrowing tale of torture and kidnapping in Somalia.
- Musical acts including the much loved Banghra Boys.
The festival opens at 10am and will close at 10pm, with a firework display at 8:45pm. Entry is $2 for kids (aged 5-12) and $3 for adults. Come along and don't forget to drop by the Amnesty stall.
Check out the website for more details.