NSW Women’s Network
The NSW Women's Rights Network seeks to involve both women and men in the campaign to raise awareness of women's human rights issues.
The New South Wales Women's Network is committed to raising awareness and campaigning towards positive changes in women's human rights around the world. We focus on the protection of the rights of women within Australia and around the world, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region. We campaign to gain recognition of the responsibility of governments to provide adequate protection for women.
Amnesty International's Stop Violence Against Women campaign has officially ended, but there are still many opportunities for campaigning, and still the need for a women's rights team which encompasses a spectrum of gender rights. At this stage we are seeking interest in being involved and building a strong group of women and men who are passionate about women's rights, with the mind to potentially expand to more of a gender mainstream team.
- Tessa Barratt
- 1300 300 920
- Morning Tea: Stop Violence against Women and Children (11/12/2009)
- Run, Walk or Fly: Amnesty supporters tackle the City2Surf (07/09/2009)
- NSW SVAW Roundtable report (31/07/2009)
- International Women’s Day Breakfast in Sydney (24/03/2009)
- Profile: Michela Caselli (04/03/2009)
- International Women’s Day 2009 (10/02/2009)
- 16 Days of Activism underway (26/11/2008)
The NSW Action Centre
Amnesty International Australia NSW Branch
Phone: Work+612 (02) 8396 7670
Fax+612: (02) 8396 7677
DVD library catalogue and order form (PDF 525KB)