Term 1, 2019: global rights and protections
- Students and teachers get back to the very foundations of human rights this term, along the way exploring three contemporary rights issues from Kyrgyzstan, Morocco and South Africa .
Classroom, social justice club or Amnesty school group activities:
- Learn about Gulzar’s fight for freedom from discrimination in Kyrgyzstan.
- Hold a classroom workshop on forced evictions and land rights .
- Create a word cloud about freedom of expression.
- Write letters to world leaders in defence of people at risk of human rights abuses.