Want to kick-start your human rights career?
Our passionate interns play a critical role in helping us achieve human rights impact in Australia and across the globe. Internships are a great way to get hands-on experience in certain fields, on issues that you’re passionate about.
Internship opportunities at Amnesty International Australia are made available on an as needs basis. Opportunities often exist in the following teams:
- media and public relations
- Legal and Government Relations
- community campaigns
Current internship opportunities
New South Wales
Amnesty International Australia has a number of opportunities available at our Action Centre in Chippendale, Sydney.
Our casework interns and volunteers play a critical role in assisting Amnesty International Australia to respond to requests for assistance and reports of human rights concerns in Australia and around the world.
- Refugee Casework Internship or Volunteer Placement: assist asylum seekers in Australia by undertaking research, making referrals to other organisations for legal, welfare or health related assistance, and monitoring clients on issues of concern.
- Refugee Hot Seat Internship or Volunteer Placement: initiating referrals to other organisations for legal, welfare, or health related assistance, monitoring clients on issues of concern, and undertaking research related to immigration policies.
- Human Rights Casework Internship or Volunteer Placement: respond to requests for assistance and reports of human rights concerns, in Australia and across the world.
To apply for a role, submit the completed Casework Application Form, a current resume or CV, and an application letter addressing the selection criteria identified in the Role Description to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00am on Wednesday the 7th of December.
If you are interested in an ongoing role with Amnesty International Australia please visit our Volunteering page.
Intern placements run for a defined length of time, are often based around specific learning requirements and project outcomes, and can be a requirement for certain tertiary study requirements.
Please be aware that our internships are voluntary, and that we do not provide interns with:
- any monetary allowances or remuneration.
- accommodation or accommodation allowances.
- assistance with travel or reimbursement of travel costs.
- assistance in organising visas or completing visa applications.