In 1961, London lawyer Peter Benenson had an inspired idea: to mobilise public opinion worldwide and free prisoners of conscience. Since then, his vision has grown into a global movement of more than 7 million people taking action to defend human rights.
We are an independent, global movement that campaigns courageously for human rights for everyone. By 2020 Amnesty International Australia will:
- Protect and defend more lives
- Be an unstoppable movement
- Inspire outstanding passion and commitment
The 2020 Vision will be an important tool to guide your activism in the coming years.
More ways to take your activism to the next level this year:
- Come along to our Branch Annual General Meeting to share your ideas with other activists and learn more about defending human rights in your community.
- Become a member of Amnesty International and help define the direction of Amnesty.