Amnesty International Australia is an organisation founded on volunteers. Without these passionate, dedicated individuals, we would be unable to achieve human rights impact across Australia and around the globe. We would cease to exist.
And you too can help us make a big impact. Whether you have a spare day a week or one day a year, you can defend human rights. Volunteer work is available Australia-wide in many areas:
- coordinating events and planning campaign work
- campaigning in the community
- participating in activist consultations
- general office administration
South Australia/Northern Territory
- ARTillery Content Writer: write articles, conduct research and interviews for our ARTillery (SA) blog.
- Schools Network Outreach Team Member: varied role working with schools in Adelaide and beyond to encourage action around Amnesty International’s human rights work. Ideal for education students.
- Photography Volunteer: flexible role working with a small team of photographers to capture high quality imagery of events for use on social media, website and in print media.
Queensland / Northern New South Wales
New South Wales
- Event Support Volunteer: Key responsibilities will include coordinating the NSW events process, including reviewing proposals, liaising with event organisers and the NSW Branch Committee, tracking events, supporting event promotion and packing and distributing campaign materials.
- Amnesty Vivid Coordinator: Amnesty International NSW is looking for a motivated volunteer who is passionate about human rights and the creative arts to lead the Vivid project team in successfully executing this year’s creative workshop at Vivid Ideas.
- Hands-on Help Team Volunteer: volunteer on an ad-hoc basis to get a taste of what it’s like to be a volunteer in Amnesty International.
- Schools Network Outreach Team Member: work with schools in Sydney and beyond to encourage action around Amnesty International’s human rights work, empowering young people to become leaders of change.
- Activism Support Volunteer: We are looking for a passionate and proactive person to join our action centre team. You will help to organise operations and gain a diverse set of skills suitable for any future role.
- Community Organising Volunteer: Are you fabulous at logistics and building capacity then why not join our motivated organising team.
- Activism After Hours Assistant: Are you a party planner extraordinaire? Do you love working with people of all ages? Then coordinating our monthly event to inspire change makers could be the creative outlet you are looking for.
- Volunteer Support Assistant: If you are passionate about seeing people reach their goals and develop new skills. Then this role is for you.
Please contact your local action centre for opportunities in other regions.
Register your interest
To register your interest to become a volunteer or activist with Amnesty International Australia, fill in the volunteer form.