Amnesty International Australia is an organisation founded on volunteers. Without these passionate, dedicated individuals, we would be unable to achieve human rights impact across Australia and around the globe. We would cease to exist.
And you too can help us make a big impact. Whether you have a spare day a week or one day a year, you can defend human rights. Volunteer work is available Australia-wide in many areas:
- coordinating events and planning campaign work
- campaigning in the community
- participating in activist consultations
- general office administration
South Australia/Northern Territory
- Community Organising: work closely with the SA/NT Community Organiser on Amnesty International’s priority campaigns and assist with the growth of Action Groups.
- Schools Network Team Leader: lead the team of volunteers working with schools in Adelaide and beyond to encourage action around Amnesty International’s human rights work.
- Schools Network Outreach Team Member: work with schools in Adelaide and beyond to encourage action by facilitating human rights education workshops with students.
- Activism Support Volunteer: support the Activism Support Coordinator to manage Amnesty International SANT’s regional administration, action group support and activist pathways.
- Social Media Volunteer: Co-coordinate and develop Amnesty International’s social media network content and reach in SA/NT region
Applications close 27/09/17
New South Wales
- Event Support Volunteer: As a Event Support Volunteer Team Member your main responsibilities include coordinating the NSW events process, including reviewing proposals, liaising with event organisers and the NSW Branch Committee, tracking events, distributing campaign materials, evaluating events. For more information and how to apply please click on the hyperlink.
- Volunteer Management Team Member: As a Volunteer Management Team Member, your main focus is to support volunteer recruitment, management, and training. For more information please click on the hyperlink.
- Promotions Volunteer – As a part of the Growth and Education Team your responsibilities inlcude preparing, promoting and hosting Get Active and Activism After Hours events and you will have the opportunity to expand professional and personal networks in the human rights and non-profit sector. For more information please follow the hyperlink.
- Communications and Retention Volunteer – The Growth and Education Team believes that by taking action collectively we can make a difference for freedom, dignity and respect for our human rights, and the pursuit of equality and social justice. As a Growth and Education team member some of your responsibilities include: Helping to plan, organise and run events and Communicating with Local Action Groups, Networks and the Hands-On Help Team. For more information please click on the hyperlink.
- Meaningful Music Social Media Volunteer – We are looking for budding marketing and social media volunteer who can reach out to the online Sydney community and grown the Meaningful Music following both over the web and at the events.
- Hands-on Help Team Volunteer – Key responsibilities include hands-on help with things such as, but not limited to, data entry, phone calling program, event support, crafting art materials for our events, photography at our events, etc. There is no ongoing commitment required. Any time that you can spend helping in the office or at events is greatly appreciated.
- Amnesty Student Representative: Are you a high school student with a passion for human rights? Apply today to represent your school in Amnesty WA’s Student Leadership Team! Up to 2 students per school! Found out more here and fill in this application form!
- Activism Support Volunteer: Are you passionate about human rights? Do you want experience working in a regional office of an international human rights organisation? Join our Activism Support team! Applications close 9am 23rd October!
- Media and Communications Volunteer: Do you have a knack for all things social media? We’re looking for 2 new volunteers to join our media and communications volunteer team to help us communicate human rights to the WA public! Applications close 9am 23rd October!
Please contact your local action centre for opportunities in other regions.
Register your interest
To register your interest to become a volunteer or activist with Amnesty International Australia, fill in the volunteer form.