Amnesty International Australia is an organisation founded on volunteers. Without these passionate, dedicated individuals, we would be unable to achieve human rights impact across Australia and around the globe. We would cease to exist.
And you too can help us make a big impact. Whether you have a spare day a week or one day a year, you can defend human rights. Volunteer work is available Australia-wide in many areas:
- coordinating events and planning campaign work
- campaigning in the community
- participating in activist consultations
- general office administration
Amnesty Australia is currently undergoing some internal changes to ensure we give our volunteers the best possible experience. This means there will be a delay in processing your enquiry to ensure we find the right fit for you within our organisation.
We will add your details to a register and contact you when our new programs are in place.
We are excited about our new programs and confident we will have a volunteering opportunity to suit you. We encourage you to keep an eye on the volunteer page for opportunities/vacancies as they come up.
Meanwhile, here are some ways to get involved with Amnesty International Australia:
Becoming a member offers greater involvement with the Amnesty movement. Members not only support us by getting involved in our letter writing and activities, but they also have the right to vote on different decisions within our organisation and also have the opportunity to become a board member. There is an annual fee of $22 associated with a Membership.
getting involved in your local action group where you can connect with like-minded people and participate in activism-based activities such as letter writing, calling, researching, and other campaigning efforts.
We apologise for the delay and appreciate your support, we couldn’t do it without enthusiastic and passionate people like you. We look forward to getting touch soon.
Thank you for your support of Amnesty Australia.
- Board Committees are a critical element to achieving our Vision. We are seeking a volunteer to join our Nominations & Assessment Committee (NAC). The role of the NAC is to identify and recruit Board members.
- Professionals who have specific expertise in executive and non-executive director recruitment are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Please note that this position is not open to current Amnesty International Australia members.
Fill in our Expression of Interest and we will get back to you!
Register your interest
To register your interest to become a volunteer or activist with Amnesty International Australia, fill in the volunteer form.