Amnesty International Australia is an organisation founded on volunteers. Without these passionate, dedicated individuals, we would be unable to achieve human rights impact across Australia and around the globe. We would cease to exist.
And you too can help us make a big impact. Whether you have a spare day a week or one day a year, you can defend human rights. Volunteer work is available Australia-wide in many areas:
- coordinating events and planning campaign work
- campaigning in the community
- participating in activist consultations
- general office administration
South Australia/Northern Territory
- Activism Support Volunteer: an Action Centre based role with a focus on managing the reception desk, supporting Action Groups, processing petitions, and regional finance
- Photography Volunteer: flexible role working with a small team of photographers to capture high quality imagery of events for use on social media, website and in print media
Queensland / Northern New South Wales
- Volunteer Coordinator: assist the Activism Support Coordinator to recruit, manage, support, and retain volunteers and activists.
- Events Volunteer: support the Activism Support Coordinator in organizing and coordinating events.
Please contact your local action centre for opportunities in other regions.
Register your interest
To register your interest to become a volunteer or activist with Amnesty International Australia, fill in the volunteer form.