Amnesty International Australia is an organisation founded on volunteers. Without these passionate, dedicated individuals, we would be unable to achieve human rights impact across Australia and around the globe. We would cease to exist.
And you too can help us make a big impact. Whether you have a spare day a week or one day a year, you can defend human rights. Volunteer work is available Australia-wide in many areas:
- coordinating events and planning campaign work
- campaigning in the community
- participating in activist consultations
- general office administration
South Australia/Northern Territory
- Community Organising: work closely with the SA/NT Community Organiser on Amnesty International’s priority campaigns and assist with the growth of Action Groups.
- Schools Network Team Leader: lead the team of volunteers working with schools in Adelaide and beyond to encourage action around Amnesty International’s human rights work.
- Schools Network Outreach Team Member: work with schools in Adelaide and beyond to encourage action by facilitating human rights education workshops with students.
- Activism Support Volunteer: support the Activism Support Coordinator to manage Amnesty International SANT’s regional administration, action group support and activist pathways.
- Social Media Volunteer: Co-coordinate and develop Amnesty International’s social media network content and reach in SA/NT region
Applications close 27/09/17
New South Wales
- Prospect Researcher and Fundraising Internship: You will support the Philanthropy Managers to help deliver Amnesty International’s major gift fundraising program.
- Event Support Volunteer: As a Event Support Volunteer Team Member your main responsibilities include coordinating the NSW events process, including reviewing proposals, liaising with event organisers and the NSW Branch Committee, tracking events, distributing campaign materials, evaluating events. For more information and how to apply please click on the hyperlink.
- Office Volunteer (Growth & Education Team) x2: Helps to promote, host and follow up on NSW Get Active & Activism After Hours events.
- Volunteer Management Team Member: As a Volunteer Management Team Member, your main focus is to support volunteer recruitment, management, and training. For more information please click on the hyperlink.
- Hands-on Help Team Volunteer – Key responsibilities include hands-on help with things such as, but not limited to, data entry, phone calling program, event support, crafting art materials for our events, photography at our events, etc. There is no ongoing commitment required. Any time that you can spend helping in the office or at events is greatly appreciated.
- Indigenous Rights Volunteer: Are you passionate about Indigenous Rights? We’re looking for an office volunteer to support the work of our national Indigenous Rights Manager around Indigenous youth justice issues and changing the date of Australia day. Applications close COB Friday 12th January.
- Training and Development Officer: Are you interested in developing powerful, effective trainings for WA activists? We’re looking for a flexible office volunteer with a passion for activism, movement building and working with activists. The role will involve developing, building and running training sessions for activists in the Western Australian region.
- Amnesty Student Representative: Are you a high school student with a passion for human rights? Apply today to represent your school in Amnesty WA’s Student Leadership Team! Up to 2 students per school! Found out more here and fill in this application form!
Please contact your local action centre for opportunities in other regions.
Register your interest
To register your interest to become a volunteer or activist with Amnesty International Australia, fill in the volunteer form.