Amnesty International Australia is an organisation founded on volunteers. Without these passionate, dedicated individuals, we would be unable to achieve human rights impact across Australia and around the globe. We would cease to exist.
And you too can help us make a big impact. Whether you have a spare day a week or one day a year, you can defend human rights. Volunteer work is available Australia-wide in many areas:
- coordinating events and planning campaign work
- campaigning in the community
- participating in activist consultations
- general office administration
New South Wales
- School’s Network Outreach Team Volunteer – The team works across the Sydney region visiting schools and running workshops on human rights. Key responsibilities include presenting and running workshops on human rights at local schools. For more information click on the link above.
- Administrative Support Volunteer– Key responsibilities include responding to external enquires, including managing the NSW email account, following up with potential volunteers and activists. Front desk reception. General administrative support including maintenance of databases, spreadsheets and google sites, and implementation/improvement of processes. Tracking campaign materials, stationary and other resources.
- National Multimedia Volunteer – Key responsibilities include producing high-quality content that includes blog articles, photos and videos that are relevant to our organisational priorities. Managing content submitted by our activists, volunteers and supporters to ensure they are of high quality and relevance for our diverse communication platforms. Managing photos submitted to Amnesty, ensuring that consent forms have been filled where appropriate and that photos are labelled and filed appropriately.
- Hands-on Help Team Volunteer – Key responsibilities include hands-on help with things such as, but not limited to, data entry, phone calling program, event support, crafting art materials for our events, photography at our events, etc. There is no ongoing commitment required. Any time that you can spend helping in the office or at events is greatly appreciated.
- Hands-On Help Team Leader – Key responsibilities include Supervising the work of the Hands-On Help Team Office and Outreach Coordinators in organising and scheduling volunteer shifts. Overseeing the growth and development of this large group of Sydney based volunteers.
- Communications Volunteer Team Leader – Key responsibilities include Supervising the creation of the monthly Activist and Volunteer newsletters and the small team that works on them, Supporting the NSW event promotion process, including drafting promotion emails and uploading upcoming events to the Amnesty International website.
- Activism Support Volunteer: We are looking for a passionate and proactive person to join our action centre team. Key responsiblities include assisting our local activists in their campaigning, data entry and administrative support. – Applications due: COB 18th May 2017.
- Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator: Coordinate a fundraising strategy and organise fundraising events. – Applications due: COB 19th May 2017.
- Indigenous Rights Volunteer: Support the Indigenous Rights Manager’s work on relevant human rights issues, including Aboriginal deaths in custody. – Applications due: COB 18th May 2017
- Leadership Development Specialist (Volunteer): Develop, build and run training sessions for activists in the Western Australian region. – Applications due: COB 25th May 2017
South Australia/Northern Territory
- Urgent Actions Volunteer: coordination and distribution of Urgent Actions information via email and postal networks
Please contact your local action centre for opportunities in other regions.
Register your interest
To register your interest to become a volunteer or activist with Amnesty International Australia, fill in the volunteer form.