Amnesty International Australia is an organisation founded on volunteers. Without these passionate, dedicated individuals, we would be unable to achieve human rights impact across Australia and around the globe. We would cease to exist.
And you too can help us make a big impact. Whether you have a spare day a week or one day a year, you can defend human rights. Volunteer work is available Australia-wide in many areas:
- coordinating events and planning campaign work
- campaigning in the community
- participating in activist consultations
- general office administration
New South Wales
- NSW Social Media Volunteer – The role of the NSW Social Media Volunteer is to help build Amnesty International Australia’s online presence through various social media outlets, especially Facebook and Instagram.
- School’s Network Outreach Team Volunteer – The team works across the Sydney region visiting schools and running workshops on human rights. Key responsibilities include presenting and running workshops on human rights at local schools. For more information click on the link above.
- Refugee Network NSW Social Media (Twitter) Coordinator– The NSW Refugee Network works to mobilise communities and raise awareness of the plight of refugees in Australia and abroad. Social media is a key mechanism through which the Network contributes to achieving the objectives of the Refugee Campaign. The team is looking for someone experience in Twitter (or other social media platforms) who is politically savvy and a good team player.
- Hands-on Help Team Volunteer – Key responsibilities include hands-on help with things such as, but not limited to, data entry, phone calling program, event support, crafting art materials for our events, photography at our events, etc. There is no ongoing commitment required. Any time that you can spend helping in the office or at events is greatly appreciated.
- Amnesty Student Representative: Are you a high school student with a passion for human rights? Apply today to represent your school in Amnesty WA’s Student Leadership Team! Up to 2 students per school! Found out more here and fill in this application form!
- Community Organising Volunteer: Develop your community organising skills in this volunteer leadership position! We’re looking for someone passionate about human rights to help us grow our movement and motivate our activists! Applications close 28/8/17.
South Australia/Northern Territory
- Urgent Actions Volunteer: coordination and distribution of Urgent Actions information via email and postal networks
Please contact your local action centre for opportunities in other regions.
Register your interest
To register your interest to become a volunteer or activist with Amnesty International Australia, fill in the volunteer form.