Amnesty International Australia is an organisation founded on volunteers. Without these passionate, dedicated individuals, we would be unable to achieve human rights impact across Australia and around the globe. We would cease to exist.
And you too can help us make a big impact. Whether you have a spare day a week or one day a year, you can defend human rights. Volunteer work is available Australia-wide in many areas:
- coordinating events and planning campaign work
- campaigning in the community
- participating in activist consultations
- general office administration
- Board Committees are a critical element to achieving our Vision. We are seeking a volunteer to join our Nominations & Assessment Committee (NAC). The role of the NAC is to identify and recruit Board members.
- Professionals who have specific expertise in executive and non-executive director recruitment are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Please note that this position is not open to current Amnesty International Australia members.
- Regional Media Support Volunteer: Assist and support the Regional Media team with research and activist outreach.
- ACT Activism Team Member: join a group of volunteers who are happy to be contacted to support Amnesty at different times over the year to volunteer at events, stalls or in the office.
- Volunteer Writer: Put your pen to paper for a good cause with AM-UNITY magazine.
- AM-UNITY Website Coordinator: Are you a tech genius or looking to improve your skills? AM-UNITY magazine wants to hear from you!
- Social Media Coordinator: Fabulous at Facebook, terrific on Twitter and inspired on Instagram? Join the AM-UNITY magazine team as a social media guru.
- Artist: Get creative with AM-UNITY!
South Australia/Northern Territory
Our Action Groups are always looking for new members too – get in touch with your local group here!
New South Wales
- Hands-on-Help Team Volunteer – Interested in volunteering for a few hours each week or an hour every second month?
- Activism Support Volunteer: Work with the WA Activism Support Co-ordinator on office management, administration, activist support and recruitment.
- Media and Communications Volunteer: Work with the WA volunteer communications team to promote our human rights work across online and offline media channels
- Graphic Design Volunteer: Work with the WA volunteer communications team to design and create content for online and offline use
- Schools Network Outreach Team Member: As part of the Schools Network Outreach Team you will work with schools across Perth to inform, inspire and empower action by facilitating human rights education workshops with students.
- Amnesty Student Representative: Are you a high school student with a passion for human rights? Apply today to represent your school in Amnesty WA’s Student Leadership Team! Up to 2 students per school! Found out more here and fill in this application form!
Please contact your local action centre for opportunities in other regions.
Register your interest
To register your interest to become a volunteer or activist with Amnesty International Australia, fill in the volunteer form.