2023 Annual General Meeting
Amnesty International Australia's Annual General Meeting is one of our movement's most important decision-making meetings. It's the General Meeting Voters' opportunity to help set our future direction locally, nationally and internationally.
When and where
The Annual General meeting will be held on Saturday 3 June 2023 via Zoom. A notice was issued to all members on 4 May 2023.
Please read the 2023 Annual General Meeting notice for full details, including the wording of special resolutions.
What's on the agenda
Formal business will include:
- Election of 2 National Board members.
- Consideration of special resolutions to amend the Amnesty International Australia constitution: see special resolutions on the AGM notice
- Election of Global Assembly delegate for 2024 and beyond
- Election of one position on the Appeal Committee
- Consideration and approval of the 2022 Annual Financial Report
- Consideration and approval of the minutes of the Annual General Meeting 2022
- Consideration and approval of the minutes of the Extraordinary General Meeting 2022
- Receiving the Amnesty International Australia 2022 Report
- Questions to the National Board
- Consideration of resolutions
Resolutions to go to the Annual General meeting must be submitted to the company secretary on or before 13 May 2023: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only General Meeting Voters (see who they are here) may vote at the Annual General Meeting either in person or by proxy. A proxy must be a current member of Amnesty International Australia. A proxy need not be in any particular form provided it is in writing, legally valid and signed by the appointer. The Proxy Form must be submitted to the Company Secretary by 9.00am AEST on 3 June 2023.
To lodge your proxy or if you have any questions, please email: email@example.com
All members are most welcome but must rsvp by 26 May so as to receive the video link. To register to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 May 2023.