2022 Annual General Meeting
Amnesty International Australia's Annual General Meeting is one of our movement's most important decision-making meetings. It's the General Meeting Voters' opportunity to help set our future direction locally, nationally and internationally.
When and where
The Annual General meeting will be held on Saturday 4 June 2022 via Zoom. A notice will be issued to all members on 4 May.
Please read the 2022 Annual General Meeting notice for full details, including the wording of the special resolution.
What's on the agenda
This year, formal business includes:
- Election of 3 National Board members
- Election of the AGM-elected member of the Nomination and Assessment Committee, and two reserves
- Election of the Appeal Committee
- Amendment to the Amnesty International Australia Constitution by special resolution (see special resolution in notice)
- Consideration and approval of the 2021 Annual Financial Report
- Consideration and approval of the minutes of the Annual General Meeting 2021
- Receiving the Amnesty International Australia 2021 Report
- Questions to the National Board
- Consideration of special resolution and other resolutions
Resolutions to go to the Annual General meeting must be submitted to the company secretary on or before 14 May 2022: email@example.com
Only General Meeting Voters may vote at the Annual General Meeting either in person or by proxy. A proxy must be a current member of Amnesty International Australia. A proxy need not be in any particular form provided it is in writing, legally valid and signed by the appointer. The Proxy Form must be submitted to the Company Secretary by 9.00am AEST on 4 June 2022.
To lodge your proxy or if you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All members are most welcome but must rsvp by 27 May so as to receive the video link. To register to attend please email email@example.com by 27 May 2022.