Amnesty is proud to be partnering with The Merger film to highlight the positive welcome communities can offer refugees and take a strong message of inclusivity to cinemas around Australia.
To apply for funding from your regional Activist Leadership Committee to hold a screening please submit an event form online here.
The Merger is available for purchase for $20 on DVD, Blue-Ray or online in most major retail stores. Umbrella Entertainment can supply a Digital Cinema Package for screens in cinemas if required.
Tips for setting up and promoting your screening
- Select a venue; a community hall or sports club could be a great place to host your screening. Get in touch with your local council for ideas if you’re not sure where would be suitable in your area.
- Find a date and time that would suit most people to attend the event – Friday or Saturday evenings or Sunday afternoons are often a good time for films.
- Submit an Event Proposal Form via the Amnesty website. This let’s us know you’re planning an event, and we will forward any funding or resource requests on to you regionals Activist Leadership Committee for support.
- Promote, promote, promote! With Refugee Week coming up on the 16-22nd June there are lots of opportunities to get free promotion for your event via local newspapers, radio and online.
- Create a facebook event page for your screening and invite along friends and family
- Create and print posters and fliers advertising the screening to hand out in your community
- Payment of invoices: Request to provider to send invoices to firstname.lastname@example.org . This will allow for invoices to be paid in a timely manner. All invoices are paid on a Monday so get them in by 12pm.