New South Wales
Amnesty International in New South Wales encourages people to get involved with defending and protecting human rights in their local area.
In New South Wales there are thousands of supporters working in different ways to defend human rights. Whether you want to join one of our action groups or networks, come along to an event or volunteer at the NSW Action Centre, you can get involved and help us defend human rights.
Want to run the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival 2014 for Team Amnesty? Find out how to get involved.
- Saturday September 20 2014 8:00 PM
- Bradfield Park, Milsons Point, Sydney, NSW, 2000
Join Amnesty Randwick for an evening of conversation with experts on asylum seekers and refugees.
- Thursday October 23 2014 7:30 AM
- 60 Clovelly Rd, The Randwick Literary Institute, Randwick, NSW, 2031
'Surviving Darfur' is a photo exhibition documenting the lives of refugees in Chad's refugee camps. The collection is from acclaimed photographer Richard Wainwright.
- Monday October 27 2014 1:00 AM
- TAP Gallery, 278 Palmer St, Darlinghurst, NSW, 2010
Calling all young activists! Join Amnesty NSW Youth at Sydney's conference for Equality and Humanity.
- Friday November 28 2014 10:00 PM
- Darling Quarter Theatre, 1-25 Darling St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
Join the Balmain/Rozelle Amnesty group participation in the global Letter Writing Marathon
- Sunday December 07 2014 1:00 AM
- Cat and Fiddle, 456 Darling St, Balmain, NSW, 2041
Join our Dragon Boat Racing team for the Chinese New Year Festival. You will be trained and working with a great team of human rights defenders.
Read the latest Urgent Action News here.
Amnesty International Australia has an exciting media volunteer opportunity based in our Sydney action centre.
Manly Amnesty had a fantastic event last night at the Surf Club writing letters for Individuals at Risk.
The Sutherland Shire group sharpened their pencils for this years Write for Rights.
The NSW Action Centre
Amnesty International Australia NSW Branch
Phone: Work+612 (02) 8396 7670
Fax+612: (02) 8396 7677
DVD library catalogue and order form (PDF 525KB)