We’ve extended the time to get your Expression of Interest in for participating in our third annual Activist Leadership weekend.
The Activist Leadership Weekend is a great opportunity to network, build on your skills and develop exciting local plans to help Amnesty to defend human rights, win our campaigns and meet our 2020 Vision.
The weekend will be take place over three days, from 10am Friday 22 June to 4pm Sunday 24 June 2018, in Sydney.
There are limited places for the leadership weekend so submit your online Expression of Interest form. Successful applicants will meet the following criteria:
- be available and able to travel to Sydney for 3 days from 10am Friday 22 June to 4pm 24 Sunday June
- have the time, availability and commitment to be a regional leader for at least 12 months 3 to 5 hours per week (from July 2018 to July 2019)
- prepared to develop a succession plan for your current work and, with your organiser or ASC, to recruit a person to replace you (where necessary)
- have at least 1 to 2 years’ experience with Amnesty
- good communication skills and the ability to communicate with various audiences (interpersonal, oral and written)
- demonstrated commitment and eagerness to learn and build on activism skill-sets by participating in a minimum of three skill development workshops or attended at least one regional Social Change Lab.
- demonstrated local activism engagement such as, but not limited to, (two or more of the activities):
- organising event/s
- meeting with your local MP
- engaging local media
- development and coordination of a local strategy or campaign
- mentoring and/or training other activists
- worked with or supported other local activists to achieve activism goals
Who should apply to be part of the 2018 Activist Leadership Weekend?
Any of our volunteers and activists who meet the above criteria can submit an Expression of Interest. Our Branch Committees and Organisers will also identify and encourage regional activists to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI).
Please complete/submit an Expressions of Interest form by 9am Wednesday 7 March, 2018.
Successful applicants will be notified by 19 March, 2018.
Costs for participants are covered by Amnesty International.
To learn more we are hosting briefing sessions on Thursday 22 February at 1pm AEDT and Wednesday 28 February at 8pm for potential participants, where we will outline what is expected before, on and after the weekend to ensure participants are well informed and able to commit to leadership.
How are we are looking for?
- Activists who may already be a leader and looking to build on their experience or move into a new leadership role over 2018 and 2019.
- Activists who are ready to take it to the next level! If you are interested in becoming a regional leader in 2018 then submit an EOI.
Our grassroots leadership is key to our successes. Do you want to help lead our movement? Complete the application form asap!
For more info about expectations post weekend click here.