Are you an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander sculpture artist with a passion for human rights? Do you believe in a free press and the ability of the Australian media to speak truth to power?
Amnesty International Australia is looking for an Indigenous artist to design and produce six trophies, which will be presented to the winners of the 2017 Media Awards at the awards ceremony on Wednesday 1 November.
ABOUT THE MEDIA AWARDS
Since 2014 the Amnesty International Australia Media Awards have been recognising excellence in reporting of human rights issues in the Australian media.
The awards celebrate journalists who have gone the extra mile to reveal hidden abuses and encourage greater understanding of human rights in Australia and around the world.
Awards are presented in the following categories: Print/Online/Multimedia, Cartoon, Indigenous Issues Reporting, Photography, Radio and Television. You can see last year’s winners here.
The Awards night brings together a packed room of leading Australian journalists, media industry representatives and human rights advocates.
This year the awards ceremony will be held on 1 November 2017. The final trophies will be showcased on Amnesty’s social media channels, and possibly through media.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Submit an expression of interest, detailing your design to firstname.lastname@example.org by Midnight 13 August 2017.
The expression of interest should be no more than two A4 pages and clearly convey your approach to the project and an illustration of the finished product .
For the final product we need six trophies / sculptures produced, one identical trophy for each winner in the six categories. The six finished trophies should be as identical as possible.
- The trophy should suggest the theme of freedom of expression / free press / speaking truth to power.
- It should convey the serious nature of human rights whilst inspiring a feeling of hope.
- Please detail what materials would be used in the production of the trophies.
- Please include all relevant contact details.
Trophies must incorporate space for the winners’ names, the name of the media outlet, and the words ‘Amnesty International Australia Media Awards 2017.’
The selected artist will be paid for their work. For more information please email email@example.com
- Artist expressions of interest due: midnight AEST Sunday 13 August 2017
- Artist selected: Friday 18 August 2017
- Final product delivery: The selected artist would need to produce the six sculptures and have them delivered to Amnesty International in Sydney by 18 October 2017.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Acceptance of expressions of interest for the Amnesty International Australia Trophy Design is subject to the acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- All expressions of interest must be received before 11.59pm AEST on Wed 13 August 2017. Expressions of interest received after this closing date will not be accepted.
- Amnesty International Australia reserves the right to change the closing date. No responsibility is taken for expressions of interest that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical other reason.
- The successful artist will be selected by representatives of Amnesty International Australia. Amnesty International Australia is not obliged to select any entry.
- The selected design will be chosen based on how clearly it meets the specifications outlined above.
- Amnesty International Australia reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this expressions of interest process with or without prior notice.
- Amnesty International Australia reserves the right at any time to change these terms and conditions.
- Amnesty International Australia reserves the right to verify the validity of all expressions of interest and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant.
Amnesty International Australia Pty Ltd ACN 002 806 223 Level 1, 79 Myrtle Street Chippendale NSW 2008 Phone: 1300 300 920