During Write for Rights 2016, we are campaigning on nine cases.
- Fomusoh Ive Feh, a student from Cameroon facing 20 years for an SMS.
- Indigenous peoples of the Peace River in Canada, struggling to save their ancestral lands.
- Ilham Tohti, a university professor in China, jailed for life for fighting discrimation.
- Shawkan, a journalist in Egypt, jailed for doing his job.
- Johan Teterissa, a teacher in Indonesia, tortured and jailed for waving a flag.
- Annie Alfred, a child from Malawi, hunted for her body parts.
- Maxima Acuria, a peasant farmer in northern Peru, attacked by police for speaking out.
- Edward Snowden, a US whistle blower whose courage changed the world.