- Join the Amnesty International Ashgrove action group for a screening of He Named Me Malala on Thursday December 6 at the Ashgrove Public Library.
- He Named Me Malala is an intimate portrait of Malala Yousafzai, who was wounded when Taliban gunmen opened fire on her and her friends’ school bus in Pakistan’s Swat Valley.
- The then 15-year-old teenager, who had been targeted for speaking out on behalf of girls’ education in her region of Swat Valley in Pakistan, was shot in the head, sparking international media outrage. An educational activist in Pakistan, Yousafzai has since emerged as a leading campaigner for the rights of children worldwide and in December 2014, became the youngest-ever Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
- This an inspiring film that can’t be missed! Join the Ashgrove group at 7:00pm on 6 December at the Ashgrove Public Library.
- Spots are strictly limited so please RSVP ASAP.