Join us at Bulli Beach Cafe and write letters for Amnesty International’s Write for Rights Campaign. Just bring yourself, a pen, and a passion for human rights!
Write for Rights is Amnesty International’s annual global letter writing event. At the heart of Amnesty International is this idea: that we are at our most powerful when we stand together for human rights. This is what the annual Write for Rights campaign is all about – Amnesty supporters everywhere creating change together.
We will be campaigning for,
- Fomusoh Ivo Feh, a student from Cameroon facing 20 years for an SMS.
- Indigenous peoples of the Peace River in Canada, struggling to save their ancestral lands.
- Ilham Tohti, a university professor in China, jailed for life for fighting discrimination.
- Shawkan, a journalist in Egypt, jailed for doing his job.
- Johan Teterissa, a teacher in Indonesia, tortured and jailed for waving a flag.
- Annie Alfred, a child from Malawi, hunted for her body parts.
- Máxima Acuña, a peasant farmer in northern Peru, attacked by police for speaking out.
- Eren Keskin, lawyer and former newspaper editor in
- Turkey, arrested over 100 times for speaking out.
- Edward Snowden, a US whistleblower whose courage changed the world.
We will be meeting at Bulli Beach Cafe between 9:30 and 11:00am. Let us know if you can join us, and create change from a cafe!