Join us for a concert entitled “Heart and Soul”, from local group Loosely Woven, and take part in the the world’s biggest human rights event, Write for Rights. This is a free event but donations to Amnesty are welcome.
The ‘all new’ program includes Melbourne singer/songwriter Michael Waugh’s powerful song bemoaning the way girls are discouraged if not prevented from breaking free of traditional ‘girl’ expectations ’They don’t let the girls in the game’.
There are also a large number of well-known songs including:
– The Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond
– I cain’t say no (Oklahoma)
– Milord (Piaf)
– Words (The Bee Gees)
– The Boxer (Simon & Garfunkel)
– Ghost Riders in the Sky
– Vilia (The Merry Widow)
– I will (The Beatles)
– The air that I breathe (The Hollies)
– I cannot tell what this love may be (from G&S ‘Patience’)
Some lesser known songs:
– They don’t let the girls in the game (powerful song by Australia Michael Waugh)
– Heart & Soul (by Melbourne singer/songwriter Louey Hesterman)
– Sweet Baby James (James Taylor)
– Lighthouse Light (Mary Black)
– Evangeline (Emmylou Harris)
– Cara Mia (Jay Black)
– Homeland (Celtic Woman)
Instruments this time will include violins, flute, saxophone, harp, mandolin, glockenspiel, accordion, concertina, guitars, ukuleles, keyboard and percussion.