At Amnesty International, we defend human rights around the world and at home in Australia. Our volunteers and activists in Canberra campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.
Our volunteers demand change from those who can make change happen.
They stand together with over 7 million people in 150 countries who speak with one voice for justice, freedom, human dignity and equality. They bring torturers to justice, change oppressive laws, and free people jailed just for voicing their opinion.
How can I help?
Amnesty volunteers campaign in their communities to create change in the lives of people whose rights are abused and violated.
- They hold events to promote and protect human rights, and educating people on human rights issues.
- Some meet with their local MP!
- Others even engage with local media.
- You can join in our Community is Everything Campaign and help defend Indigenous Rights in Australia.
- You can write a letter to the Turkish Prime Minister in defence of journalists imprisoned for doing their jobs.
- Stand in solidarity with those persecuted by their government because of who they love.
- Call on the Australian government to end the abuse of refugees on Manus and Nauru.
You’ll find out:
- how we started out
- what we campaign on
- how we create change
- what it means to be part of a global movement
- and how you can help contribute to this movement!
P.S. If you want to know more about Amnesty International make sure to check and like our facebook page.