Shoalhaven communities are invited to celebrate Harmony Week 15th – 21st March 2021.
The Shoalhaven is celebrating its cultural diversity with this year’s Harmony Day theme “Everyone Belongs”. This celebration is an opportunity for all communities to join together to celebrate the many cultures that make up our local community.
Over the decades, the Shoalhaven has embraced many cultures that call this region home and contribute to its richness of diversity.
The Shoalhaven Harmony Day Planning Committee would like to invite workplaces, schools, preschools and homes to conduct their own events and activities to celebrate the many cultures that make up the global community in the Shoalhaven. Some ideas include sharing multicultural morning tea, sharing a personal story of migration or wear the colour orange for a day. See the Harmony Day government website for more ideas: https://www.harmony.gov.au.
This year the Planning Committee is also having a Harmony Day competition and we invite members of the public in the Shoalhaven to participate in our list of challenges:
1. Decorate your mailbox with Harmony and orange-coloured decorations.
2. Make a unique dish and share it with others.
1. Decorate your shopfront with Harmony-themed, orange-coloured decorations.
2. Provide a unique product or service in celebration of harmony week. For Organisations:
1. Paint your door with Harmony-themed and orange-coloured visuals.
2. Create a 1 minute video showing your unique celebration of Harmony Week
Once you have decorated or run your event during the Week 15th – 21st March 2021, please post an image and explanation online under the #
For more information about running an event, please click here and register your event here.
We also invite you to come and visit the promotional stall located at Junction Street to tell us how we can celebrate Harmony Day in the future.