The NSW Activism Leadership Committee (ALC) is organising a meeting of NSW Amnesty activists on Saturday 19 March from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm.
The meeting will be a hybrid format with people able to attend in person in the Sydney Action Centre or remotely via Zoom (subject to Covid rules at the time).
It will be a chance to catch up, meet up with friends old and new, see what we’ve learned about activism over the last couple of years and plan together how we’ll help win Amnesty’s campaigns in 2022.
Guest speaker will be Tim O’Connor, Head of Impact at Amnesty Australia.
Registration is required (face to face spaces are limited). Register here.
1. Catch up and review of 2021
• What did we lose during the pandemic that we want to rebuild?
• What did we lose that we want to let go?
• What did we gain that we want to keep and strengthen?
2. What’s been happening with our activism in NSW in recent years?
• Presentation of data and discussion
3. People Power – what is it, how do we build it?
• Presentation, self-assessment tool, discussion
30min lunch break
4. People power and Impact
• Presentation on the priority campaigns for 2022 and how people power can help to deliver impact
5. 2022 training priorities
• What support do we need to feel empowered as activists?