Each of Amnesty International Australia’s seven
regions are led by an Activism Leadership Committee.
Comprised of elected AIA members, Activism Leadership Committees help motivate, coordinate
and develop local human rights activism in the region.
Activism Leadership Committee Presidents for each Region* can be contacted at the following email addresses:
- Australian Capital Territory/Southern New South Wales: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New South Wales: email@example.com
- Northern New South Wales/Queensland: firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Australia/Northern Territory: email@example.com
- Tasmania: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victoria: email@example.com
- Western Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org
*If unsure about which Amnesty Region you are a member of, please refer to clause 11.8 (b) of the Constitution which lists the postcode ranges for each Region.
Activism Leadership Committee
Learn more about the role and responsibilities of Activism Leadership Committee Members and who to go to for support
Meet your Activism Leadership Committee Members
Meet the elected members for 2019/20 across the country
Amnesty's 2020 Vision
Activism Leadership Commitees help lead and deliver on the Activism Strategy in their region
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why join an Activism Leadership Committee?
One of the many important and exciting ways in which Amnesty members can protect and defend human rights is by joining the Activism Leadership Committee in their region.
Join your local Activism & Leadership Committee because you are passionate about human rights, and because you have ideas for how to increase engagement with Amnesty’s human rights campaigns. If you want to support other members to provide input into human rights campaigns and activism strategy, or you want to coordinate regional events and activities, then this is the place for you.
You can belong to an Activism Leadership Committee at the same time as you participate in other Amnesty structures, such as a local group or thematic network.
2. How can I join an Activism Leadership Committee?
Any Amnesty member can nominate to join the Activism Leadership Committee for their region. All Amnesty members are eligible to vote to elect their ALC. Each June/July members will receive information on how to nominate for the ALC, and how to vote to elect their ALC. 
3. Can I join an Activism Leadership Committee if I live outside of the capital or major cities of my region?
Yes. We encourage regional diversity within Amnesty’s governance structure. Elected members of an Activism Leadership Committee unable to physically attend a meeting will be able to join the Committee meeting via Zoom. Details for joining will be included in the Notice of Meeting and agenda for your Activism Leadership Committee.