Write a letter and change a life. Join our global urgent action network today to work for critical cases when it is most needed.
Urgent Action (UA) is a simple idea: when someone is in imminent danger of serious human rights violations, the authorities responsible are flooded with thousands of letters from across the world.
You’ll be joining over 100,000 everyday people from around the world, all writing for critical cases when it is most needed. Amnesty’s global UA network tackles more than 300 cases each year addressing various human rights issues. These messages tell the authorities that the world is watching and create pressure to stop the violation:
Where to find urgent actions
- Join your local urgent action network today to receive urgent actions by post or email. Email your name and postcode to email@example.com and we’ll set you up with your regional network, who will send you cases based on your preferences and keep you updated on progress.
- Visit our global website to search and download urgent actions from across the world. Be sure to have Resource Type > “Urgent Action” selected.
- Write your letters on this template and return to your nearest action centre, so we can keep track of the amazing working being done by Amnesty activists.
- Need some inspiration, check out this example Urgent Action letter.
- Prefer to take action online? Visit Act Now for current cases.
Hosting a letter writing event to take urgent action? Don’t forget to log your event.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Contact the Supporter Care Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.